Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jesus Is At My Side

In the darkest hour
I rely on Jesus’ power
For He comes to my aid
I felt afraid and alone
The storm had grown
And I saw a ghost close
“Be of good cheer
There is nothing to fear”
I could hear His tender voice
And so I replied
With a loud cry
That would be sure to reach
“Lord, if it’s You
Have me come to
Where You are:
I want to walk
Where there are no rocks
And only water below”
The waves had taken form
And there, in the midst of the storm
Stood the Saviour
His answer was “Come”
So I walked away from
The safety now behind me
On Jesus were my eyes
I felt like I could fly
But it did not last
For I started to find
That the waves and wind
Had increased much
It was for one moment
That my eyes went
Off of the Christ
Onto the storm around
In came the fear I’d drown
And I began to sink
And so I cried,
“Lord, please come to my side
Please come save me
Or else I will die!”
Jesus heard my cry
And pulled me up
With that came the question
And a saddened expression
“Why did you doubt?”
I knew I had failed
My lack of faith unveiled
And I became speechless
From this though
I now know
Never to doubt again
Always to believe
Jesus will never leave
He is always at my side

~Michael Belliveau~

No comments:

Post a Comment