Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

For All the Times: A Poem About Forgiveness


For all the times you didn't keep your vows
For all the times you made my heart sing "Ow!"
For all the times you chose to not be there
For all the times you you've chosen to not care
For all the times you made me burn inside
For all the times you hurt me when you lied
For all the times you have ignored my cries
For all the times you put tears in my eyes
For all the times you you didn't give us praise
For all the times you forgot our birthdays
For all the times you cut me to the core
For all the times you made me bleed much more
For all the times you you saw me as a bug
For all the times you didn't give a hug
For all the times you were not at my game
For all the times you chose to pass the blame
For all the times you treated me like trash
For all the times you did nothing but bash
For all the times you made me feel like dirt
For all the times you caused me to feel hurt
For all the times you wouldn't be a man
For all the times you saw me as "less than"
For all the times you yelled and screamed at me
For all the times you showed no faith in me
For all the times you wouldn't hear my plea
For all the times you didn't stand by me
For all the times you refused to rescue
For all the times you ne'er said "I love you"
For all those times know that I forgive you...

~Michael Belliveau~

1 comment:

  1. "I think you are a great mom. It's love that makes a great mom. What you can or can't do doesn't determine that. You made some great points. as Babypickel said in the first comment - "keep on... sharing your thoughts"

    Aww thanks Mike!! :)

    ReplyDelete